Every author should have an author website
It doesn’t matter whether you’ve just started writing or you’ve been writing for ten years, it’s crucial for you to have an author website.
So, why does it matter for you to have one?
The reason for that is simple. An author website allows you to do things such as:
- A place for your readers to get to know you more
- Listing down what books you’ve written so far
- Providing a channel for your readers to connect with you via email or your blog post
- Collecting your readers’ email address so then you can be in touch with them whenever you release a new book
But, isn’t having a social media presence is enough? After all, having a Twitter and Facebook account should be sufficient enough. It’s a lot better than communicating through email since it’s much more engaging.
Well, I hate to say this. But having a social media presence can be like building a house in an illegal land. Anything can happen to you when you build your presence on someone else’s land.
Keep in mind that your Twitter and your Facebook account doesn’t belong to you in the first place. They can simply close your account without even notifying you.
If they’ve decided to close down your account, then your effort to build your audience on social media will become a waste.
I know, that seems scary. But you don’t have to rely on your Twitter and Facebook account if you have your own website.
By having an author website, you will have full control of your communication with your readers. And you don’t have to worry about someone else claiming your website because you’re the rightful owner.
While creating a website seems technical to you, the good news is it’s not as hard as you thought it would be.
It all thanks to my author website to-do list.
This author website to-do list will cover:
- Where to get the domain name for your author website
- What hosting you should use for your author website
- How to setup your website after you’ve purchased the domain name and the hosting
PLUS much more.
And the best part? It’s FREE.
You can get the author website to-do list by signing up below.